Welcome friends old and new! We’ve been doing this 7 years now. Can you believe it? What started as a small 300 person festival has spawned in to 6 boutique fests worldwide and a record label. It means there are more folks out there who love the music we love. That’s old country and blues all the way up to punk rock and everything in between. None of that new crap on pop radio.
We thought we’d take this opportunity to inform new folks and remind returning attendees of the rules as well as some basic info.
Looking for tickets to this festival? We have weekend and select day passes HERE.
You can also check out videos of each band there and follow the band schedule for all 3 stages.
Getting to town early? We’re hosting a pre-pre-party Wednesday 8/31 at Duke’s in East Nashville. 10pm to 3 am. It’s FREE but only available to ages 21 and up. More info HERE.
Want to arrive onsite early? You can show up anytime after 2pm on Thursday. It’s just $10 extra for the pre-party at Junebug. You may only come to this if you have or are getting a weekend pass. More info HERE.
Let’s start now with rules. We have a saying at Muddy Roots which encompasses all the rules in to one, “DON’T BE A DICK” Seriously, we are all adults here. This is not some teenage rock party. We all know how to act in public, when to stop drinking and not to touch things that aren’t ours. We are super laid back but will make a point to throw you out if you bother anyone. For legal reasons we are going clearly define some rules whether they be the venues or ours.
1) You may not bring any weapons. This should be obvious. That includes your belt knife.
2) Folks sneaking in aren’t funny. It’s theft and we will prosecute.
3) Don’t touch things or people. You aren’t 6, we shouldn’t have to tell you that. Thankfully we haven’t had problems yet.
4) NO FIREWORKS! Might as well call the cops yourself.
5) NO PETS! Medical dogs with papers, tags, and a legit story are approved. Don’t try to bullshit us. We can tell you are lying. (I’m looking at you train kids.)
6) Have fun. Stay up all night singing. But be courteous of people trying to sleep nearby.
7) NO DRIVING IN THE GRASS AT NIGHT!! People sleep in it.
8) No minors without parental supervision. You will be asked to leave.
9) You may not drive golf carts on the property.
10)Drunk driving will get you arrested on the ranch.
Here are a few things that you MAY do.
1) You can bring your own beer. Although the 2 bars onsite have super cheap beer. Them selling brews is how we are able to use the property.
2) You may cook your own food. Although we have some rad food vendors.
3) You may bring a kiddie pool and have the venue fill it up for $20.
4)You may stay stay up all night long at campfire jams, get drunk and be merry.
5) You may park and camp anywhere except vendor row. But don’t drive your car in the grass at night. You never know where people are sleeping.
6) You may have campfires. Be careful.
7) You may come and go.
8) You may come anytime after 2pm on Thursday. The gates will not close until Monday morning.
Here are some helpful tips and basic info:
1) Tickets for 2017 will go on sale Sunday. Buy early to save. 2017 TICKET LINK
2) You can buy our merchandise and vinyl records from the merch tent and opt to have them shipped to your home. Just ask!
3) Want to be a vendor next year. Ask Jason at the merch tent for an app.
4) Want to advertise to our crowds. Also, Jason.
5) Please drink water and moderate the booze. Dehydration can put you in the hospital.
6) You will receive a trash bag upon entry. Please keep your campsite clean.
7) The venue has the portapottie folks come by twice daily to clean the toilets but it wouldn’t hurt to have extra TP on person.
8) Baby wipes and Gold Bond are your friends.
9) The venue sells beer cheap. Like $3 tall cans. Not festival pricing at all.
10) We have a variety of vendors ranging from clothes to brisket chili. Get some.
11) Be cool man. If you see the headliner walking around the crowd watching bands leave them alone. Say hi of course but let them check out the bands too. We all just want to enjoy ourselves. This is the beauty of Muddy Roots. There is no division between fans and bands.
12) We have an open mic. Just show up and sign up. Limited space but plenty of it. 30 minute sets. Share.
That’s mostly it. Just have a good time and look out for each other.