Welcome friends old and new! We’ve been doing this 7 years now. Can you believe it? What started as a small 300 person festival has spawned in to 6 boutique fests worldwide and a record label. It means there are more folks out there who love the music we love. That’s old country and blues all the way up to punk rock and everything in between. None of that new crap on pop radio.
We thought we’d take this opportunity to inform new folks and remind returning attendees of the rules as well as some basic info.
Looking for tickets to this festival? We have weekend and select day passes HERE.
You can also check out videos of each band there and follow the band schedule for all 3 stages.
Getting to town early? We’re hosting a pre-pre-party Wednesday 8/31 at Duke’s in East Nashville. 10pm to 3 am. It’s FREE but only available to ages 21 and up. More info HERE.
Want to arrive onsite early? You can show up anytime after 2pm on Thursday. It’s just $10 extra for the pre-party at Junebug. You may only come to this if you have or are getting a weekend pass. More info HERE.
Let’s start now with rules. We have a saying at Muddy Roots which encompasses all the rules in to one, “DON’T BE A DICK” Seriously, we are all adults here. This is not some teenage rock party. We all know how to act in public, when to stop drinking and not to touch things that aren’t ours. We are super laid back but will make a point to throw you out if you bother anyone. For legal reasons we are going clearly define some rules whether they be the venues or ours.
1) You may not bring any weapons. This should be obvious. That includes your belt knife.
2) Folks sneaking in aren’t funny. It’s theft and we will prosecute.
3) Don’t touch things or people. You aren’t 6, we shouldn’t have to tell you that. Thankfully we haven’t had problems yet.
4) NO FIREWORKS! Might as well call the cops yourself.
5) NO PETS! Medical dogs with papers, tags, and a legit story are approved. Don’t try to bullshit us. We can tell you are lying. (I’m looking at you train kids.)
6) Have fun. Stay up all night singing. But be courteous of people trying to sleep nearby.
7) NO DRIVING IN THE GRASS AT NIGHT!! People sleep in it.
8) No minors without parental supervision. You will be asked to leave.
9) You may not drive golf carts on the property.
10)Drunk driving will get you arrested on the ranch.
Here are a few things that you MAY do.
1) You can bring your own beer. Although the 2 bars onsite have super cheap beer. Them selling brews is how we are able to use the property.
2) You may cook your own food. Although we have some rad food vendors.
3) You may bring a kiddie pool and have the venue fill it up for $20.
4)You may stay stay up all night long at campfire jams, get drunk and be merry.
5) You may park and camp anywhere except vendor row. But don’t drive your car in the grass at night. You never know where people are sleeping.
6) You may have campfires. Be careful.
7) You may come and go.
8) You may come anytime after 2pm on Thursday. The gates will not close until Monday morning.
Here are some helpful tips and basic info:
1) Tickets for 2017 will go on sale Sunday. Buy early to save. 2017 TICKET LINK
2) You can buy our merchandise and vinyl records from the merch tent and opt to have them shipped to your home. Just ask!
3) Want to be a vendor next year. Ask Jason at the merch tent for an app.
4) Want to advertise to our crowds. Also, Jason.
5) Please drink water and moderate the booze. Dehydration can put you in the hospital.
6) You will receive a trash bag upon entry. Please keep your campsite clean.
7) The venue has the portapottie folks come by twice daily to clean the toilets but it wouldn’t hurt to have extra TP on person.
8) Baby wipes and Gold Bond are your friends.
9) The venue sells beer cheap. Like $3 tall cans. Not festival pricing at all.
10) We have a variety of vendors ranging from clothes to brisket chili. Get some.
11) Be cool man. If you see the headliner walking around the crowd watching bands leave them alone. Say hi of course but let them check out the bands too. We all just want to enjoy ourselves. This is the beauty of Muddy Roots. There is no division between fans and bands.
12) We have an open mic. Just show up and sign up. Limited space but plenty of it. 30 minute sets. Share.
That’s mostly it. Just have a good time and look out for each other.
Weekend passes include free camping, free hot showers, You can byob but we have 2 bars on site with $3 tall can PBRs, you can cook you own food but we have vendors. The Muddy Roots Music Festival is more like a backyard party that got our of hand. You’ll enjoy a weekend of camping with the bands you see onstage. The music is meant to be intimate and you’ll feel every bit of it as there is no division from band and fan.
Tickets are $100 now, then $125 and $150 at gate.
Well hot damn! Little ol’ Muddy Roots Music Festival got named in a list of top tours and festivals in the world for 2016 alongside events like Stagecoach Festival. You know that mega festival with over 200,000 attendees? Yeah, that one. No big deal.. HOLY CRAP!!! We are truly honored to be acknowledged by the biggest rock magazine in the world. When they acknowledge the name Muddy Roots they are not just talking about a brand. Muddy Roots is each and every single one of you collectively making a memorable weekend. It’s how we are able to provide a comparable David vs. Goliath of a good time against the mega fests.
Granted we wouldn’t consider a good portion of these tours as country. We still appreciate the the mention. It doesn’t mean a bunch of Jason Aldean fans are suddenly going to find our event appealing. But it does mean a ton of folks who haven’t heard of us now have, and if they are in to eclectic lineups like Del McCoury, The Melvins & Bonnie Prince Billy they’ll have a chance to find out about us. So rad.
Here is the list in order:
1) ACM Party for a Cause
2) Carrie Underwood tour
3) Chris Stapleton tour
4) CMA Music Festival
5) Blake Shelton tour
6) The Dixie Chicks tour
7) Keith Urban tour
8) Americana Music Festival and Conference
9) Farm Aid
10) Kenny Chesney tour
11) Country 500
12) Country Jam 2016
13) Jason Isbell
14) Stagecoach Music Festival
15) Jennifer Nettles tour
16) iHeartCountry Festival
17) Luke Bryan tour
18) Big Barrel Country Music Festival
19) Jason Aldean tour
20) Brantley Gilbert tour
21) Muddy Roots Music Festival
22) C2C Country to Country
23) Southern Ground Music & Food Festival
24) John Prine tour
25) Route 91 Harvest Festival
26) Lee Brice and Tyler Farr tour
27) Old Dominion tour
29) Windy City LakeShake
30) Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
31) Bunbury Music Festival & Buckle Up
Tickets to the 2016 Muddy Roots Music Festival can be found at MRMF 2016 TICKETS
Muddy Roots is not for everyone but it’s just right for us. Once again we celebrate diversity, individualism and creativity over genres. It simply won’t make sense to the average consumer.
Join us for the 7th annual Muddy Roots Music Festival Sep. 2-5, in the year of our Lord 2 Thousand and 16. Cookeville,Tennessee. United Mighty States of America.
We are more than pleased to announce the first half of the lineup.
You may reserve your weekend passes HERE
As always you can bring your own booze if you are 21. You may camp for free. And we don’t charge to use the hot camp site showers to wash yer ass.
Alright folks, here it is. The pre-sales to 2016. I dropped the amount of available pre-sale so I can focus on the music and not get distracted by growth and sales. I’m not looking to get rich and this proves it. Composing music festivals is my art form and I want next year to be the best experience, not the biggest.
So get your tickets AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so I can get it out of the way and use my time more wisely.
The Muddy Roots Music Festival has received an Ovation Award from the Upper Cumberland Business Journal for Excellence in Tourism. This may just be the fanciest thing we’ve done yet!
Muddy Roots is good for the community.
Be sure to stop in town for your supplies! Visit as many local owned shops as you can as well. It helps local families and taxes.
An all star living legend lineup has been announced for the 2015 Muddy Roots Music Festival with the Del McCoury Band headlining Sunday night. Other legacy acts include Ricky Skaggs, Dr. Ralph Stanley, Peter Rowan, Bobby Bare, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott and one other classic country artist yet to be named.
Muddy Roots Music Festival is 3 days with too many bands. Southern Culture On The Skids, Legendary Shack Shakers, Dom Flemons, The Tillers, Joseph Huber, Possessed By Paul James, The Hillbilly Casino and truck loads more.
Weekend and day passes include free camping and free hot showers. Not like those mega corporate festivals that charge $20 to wash yourself.
Buy your tickets here!
McCoury has had a long career in bluegrass. Although originally hired as banjo player, he sang lead vocals and played rhythm guitar for Bill Monroe’s Blue Grass Boys in 1963, with whom he first appeared on the Grand Ole Opry.
Ricky Skaggs has been added to the 2015 Muddy Roots Music Festival! Weekend, Day & Child passes available at: MRMF TICKET LINK